Answered

Ikea/Sonos Symfonisk speaker connection with Sonos S2 issue

• 11 March 2024
  • 2 replies

I have a pair of Ikea/Sonos Symfonisk speakers that were working fine until recently. Now they will not connect my android phone Music Library via WiFi with the current S2 version app.  I read online that S2 does not support WiFi connection to a local Music Library any longer, just to music services; is that true?  I’ve tried to connect via bluetooth with no luck and I don;t see that the (2021) Ikea/Sonos Symfonisk speakers have bluetooth capability.

Can I still connect IKEA/Sonos to V1 app? How do I roll back to V1?

icon

Best answer by melvimbe 11 March 2024, 17:39

View original

2 replies

I have a pair of Ikea/Sonos Symfonisk speakers that were working fine until recently. Now they will not connect my android phone Music Library via WiFi with the current S2 version app.  I read online that S2 does not support WiFi connection to a local Music Library any longer, just to music services; is that true?  I’ve tried to connect via bluetooth with no luck and I don;t see that the (2021) Ikea/Sonos Symfonisk speakers have bluetooth capability.

Can I still connect IKEA/Sonos to V1 app? How do I roll back to V1?

You cannot connect to music files on your android phone, as Google is changing the android OS and breaking the feature as is.  The feature ended  middle of last year, if memory serves.  You can still connect to local libraires, music files stored on a computer or NAS on your network. 

I don’t think any of the ikea speakers have bluetooth functionality.

Deleted, too slow…;)