I want to connect my laptop to the ONE SL speakers, I can't!

• 26 February 2023
  • 2 replies

I bought some ONE SL speakers ymw would like to connect it to the laptop and I can't and I bought the cables and still I have been able to, I don't know if I have to download some program or if the wrong cable, and use my laptop and use the speakers, someone can help me, I would appreciate it.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

You cannot directly wire a ONE SL to your computer and play analog audio output from the computer. You could use another SONOS product that offers an analog Line-In (FIVE, PORT, AMP) or use Airplay 2

If you have a disc library stored on the computer, you can access these as your SONOS library, but this not the same as playing audio from a web page or other App. You can add music services to your SONOS setup, but these play directly online, not through your computer.

To give additional color, Sonos uses a connection to your router, and the LAN, rather than a direct connection such as you’re attempting. They are not direct connection devices. Nor, frankly, are they designed for use as computer speakers at all, although there is this thread already.