Answered

I cannot connect my Play 1's to new wifi - Please help!!

• 24 February 2024
  • 10 replies

Hi

I have changed my wifi at home and I am going round in circles trying to connect my Sonos Speakers.

I have a Sonos Beam and two Play 1’s that I use as surround speakers.

I have tried to factory reset all of them. I think I have connected the Beam, but the Play 1’s just keep saying can’t connect. 

Seems to be I need to go back to S1, but S2 won’t let me do that, not that I really know what I am doing.

Why is it this difficult?? Any help would be appreciated

icon

Best answer by 106rallye 24 February 2024, 19:41

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

It’s not difficult. Just follow https://support.sonos.com/article/connect-sonos-to-a-new-router-or-wi-fi-network If all else fails connect the speaker to your router by cable and then set up WiFi.

Resetting does not help it only destroys info Sonos could use to help you. Downgrading to S1 should also not be necessary.

Thanks for the reply.

I tried a cable and it got to the last bit and just said it couldn’t add it to the system?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Power off the Play:1’s. Connect the Beam on Ethernet cable. Then try to connect just the Beam. If that works, make sure the new wifi details are updated. Then disconnect the cable and check Beam is ok. Then connect one Play:1 and update it; then the other. 
If that doesn’t work, what error message do you get, at what stage in the process?

OK. So that worked, thanks.

However, when I try to add them as surrounds, it goes through the process one chimes etc. It then say’s its all complete, but no sound at all from the surrounds?

It states my wireless network will not support the surrounds? It’s a brand new router from EE?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Make sure wifi is enabled on all 3 speakers. Disconnect ethernet cable. Beam will communicate directly with the surrounds without using your EE network. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Play a DD 5.1 source. Do you get surround effects? What you were playing when you took the screenshot was only DD 2.0 - ie stereo, so no surround signal. Also set surrounds to Full Audio and stream a music source. Does that play to Beam and surrounds?

Deleted. Misread a post ;)

I’ve sorted. I had to hard wire the beam and the surrounds then worked. Thanks for all the help.