I bought Starlink then an after market router for my Sonos--Only the Play 5 suddenly connected

• 24 December 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi all!

I bought a TP Link (AX21) Wireless Router. Initially, I could not find ANY of my speakers and every time it said it could not connect to the SONOS network when I tried to transfer over. Frustrated, I let it be overnight. This morning, I went to play music and saw that my PLAY 5 (brand new) had suddenly connected. I have no idea when that happened because last I saw, NOTHING had connected prior to me leaving it alone. 

I have factory reset my speakers, as this website told me to do, however I still cannot connect to my other, slight older, Play 5’s nor any of my Play 1’s or Move.

When it comes to settings inside the route, I know how to get into the router to make changes, however, I really don’t know what any of it means. 

I’m hoping you smarties either know what I need to do with settings OR you’ve been through this issue and can walk me through fixing it. 

Thanks, 

Teddy

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

What an absolute PITA!! I just reconnected to my new router and lo and behold: All of my speakers suddenly connected. Thats great, I suppose. But holy crap: Why is this process such trash for speakers that cost thousand of dollars in total. 

I don't mind paying the money for good speakers, but cmon Sonos!