Skip to main content

Took me a couple of weeks to make a decision between Bose and Sonos for my home theater/sound system, just a couple of months ago. One of my priority for this system was, and still is, playing music from my phone, local files. Since May 23 a new update just terminated this feature which basically leaves me with a useless bunch of black very expensive boxes. Now, I can't play my own music. Worse decision I ever made in my life when it comes to entertainmemt, sound systems. I wish I had chosen Bose. Feeling VERY frustrated.

You’ll find, since this is a change occurring in the Android OS, BOSE will be in the same position, they too won’t be able to ‘play from this device’. 

This is covered repeatedly in this thread:

Why not Bluetooth like every other speaker out there?

Why not Bluetooth like every other speaker out there?

Just add either a Roam/Era-100/300 and Bluetooth stream the audio to ANY/EVERY one of your Sonos products, if that’s your choice.

…or you can use network attached storage, PC, Plex, or one of the several services that cater for music upload/cloud access. Either way Bose and other manufacturers will likely face the same issues discussed here, but still will not sound as good as your price-equivalent Sonos products.