Skip to main content

How useless Sonos is

• 23 June 2024
  • 4 replies

Everything about Sonos now is utter rubbish. even signing into this it said my password was wrong so when i reset it I used one that I thought worked and it said that I cant use a current one..aaargh. Sonos cant even get that right.

Went to listen to BBC radio 6 music this morning...forget it, still waiting….all kinds of unhelpful things appearing on my phone app. 

If anyone from sonos is reading this then you need to know, that unless you sort out these problems FAST your business will go bankrupt. Nobody I know who used sonos can now be bothered with it. It just does not work...station selection, volume controls, rooms dropping out...I could go on and on. Restaurants who are big users of these system, are abandoning it in droves. 

SONOS SORT IT!!!! You don’t have much time.

4 replies

I agree 200%.  You tap play and wait 3 minutes and maybe it will play but it won’t be the song you selected. I’m pass being upset. You got me Sonos but you will never get me again. If you gave me a free system I would not take it. You are the only player in the game. I learned all streaming music is racket. Back to CDs. -16K

I was frustrated bad. I’m on the Sonos wagon again. I fix the network issues. No thanks to support. I have an Orbi RBR50 and 3 satellites. One of the satellites is a wall plug wireless backhaul without an ethernet port. Get rid of it it causes problems. The other two came with the router. NOTE the lesson I learned. Sonos does not work well with Mesh router systems unless each are connected with an ethernet cable - wired backhaul - all 3 are wired together. I have some switches in there also. You need good wifi signal and good Sonosnet signal. I wired a play 1 to each satellite and wired a Sonos Boost to the main router. The 3 routers units with Sonos gear attached are space out throughout the house 3500sq ft. I ran the ethernet in the attic then dropped down in closet and through the wall or best practice. I have 31 Sonos units active on my system. Everything works well now. It’s been unplayable for 10 months. Nice to have music again. I hope this helps someone.

Userlevel 1

Er, don't have a degree in electronics, so the 'Plug n play' Sonos system is completely unworkable. Junk.

Userlevel 2
Badge

… buggy hopeless software … half the time, my Sonos app can not connect to my Sonos system … software is garbage