Answered

How to test Era 300 front speaker

• 6 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi Guys,

I need your help.

I have two sonos Era 300 as surround setup with my arc and sub 3.

now I know the front speakers on era 300 are disabled (big shame on sonos not to give us option to choose if we want them to hear or adjust) now even when I remove them from surround and play atmos music on apple music via Sonos or any music I cannot still hear the front speakers at all. Are they working at all? It is very unlikely that both brand new Era 300 are broken. Is there any way how to test the front speakers on his own please? Any links? I have tried everything youtube videos, atmos music, flac music, mp3 and still cannot hear them at all music comes from behind. Now like I said this is happening even when they are not part of surround and setup as stereo speakers. It will be really helpful if Sonos give us possibility to control the front speaker and others as well to test them to make sure that all works properly. Thank you for all for your big help and any suggestions how I can test them properly. And Sonos common give us option to control the front speaker on Era 300. Have a nice day all.☺️👍

icon

Best answer by Keithmac 6 November 2023, 09:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Might be worth factory resetting them?

May have got stuck in "surround mode".

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi thank you for your reply.

This should not happen really how they can get stuck in surround mode? That does not make sense to me when they have not worked in dolby atmos movies either. Do you have any videos where the front speakers can be tested by them self on the Era 300 please I tried all videos on youtube but that just activates all speakers and it does not make sense at all to me. Thank you.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi Keithmac

Bloody hell you are correct jesus my apology to you. I have done it and they started working now again. I cannot believe that this is still happening. Hopefully Sonos will give us option to control the front speaker even when it is in surround mode. Also when I have removed them first time the front speakers still did not worked until now. It looks like some bug (glitch) on Sonos when removing them from surround. Hopefully they will read this and fix that because to perform resets is not ideal. But I will prefer overall to have a control of the front speaker and it does not matter in which scenario. This is big disadvantage on Era 300. Ok Second question why the front speakers do not play when I play music and they are part of surround with Arc and Sub3 that does not make sense 🤷 ok I understand that during movies they will not play ( even I would love to have the option to set them up to be able to play) but during music?? Why the front speakers do not play during music? Hmm very strange. And thank you for your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Glad you got it sorted!.

I think as soon as they are paired as surrounds to the ARC the front divers are turned off regardless of what content you play though the ARC.

Sonos must have a reason for this but I can't see why you can't have proper "full music" mode like the Playbar with ALL speakers working.