Answered

how to remove location on system status in app

Userlevel 3
Badge

Moved my set of play 1’s from living room to bedroom. After deciding to purchase a set of era 100’s to place in bedroom I have tried to remove bedroom location on my system through the app but unable. My system now has living room with all home theater speakers listed and now has the bedroom listed with one play1 speaker and the living room is listed again with the other play 1. Is there any way to remove the 2 rooms not being used and speakers not being used.  Any help would be appreciated 

icon

Best answer by buzz 13 April 2023, 04:30

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

I assume that you are attempting to use the ONE’s as a stereo pair in the bedroom. When you removed the ONE’s from the surround Room, they each reverted to the original Room name given to them before being Bonded to the surround room.   For the moment, ignore the ONE’s Room names and Bond them as a stereo pair. Now they will appear as a single Room that you can rename.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Actually I plan on getting rid of the play 1’s since they don’t use air play so I couldn’t listen to music through them as an isolated stereo pair. So I purchased a pair of era 100’s to replace them. Hopefully when I set up the 100’s in the bedroom the play 1’s will disappear in the bedroom and living room where they were originally located as a surround pair 

If you plan to sell or give away the ONE’s be sure to Factory Reset them before they leave your possession.

Until then, I assume that you will simply power down the ONE’s. Unfortunately, they might be listed in the controller for a while with a red dot. This is an annoyance, maybe SONOS will change this behavior. Eventually they’ll disappear. Until then just ignore the reports.

Userlevel 3
Badge

I unplugged them and they showed up as a red dot which allowed me to delete them after signing in. I didn’t see a place to factory reset them. Will this lead to a problem in the future if I sell or give them away?

Unless you Factory Reset, all of your music services and SONOS Playlists will be available to the new owner.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Since I don’t have any music services or Sonos playlists I guess I’m okay 👍. Thanks for the heads up 

I recommend Factory Reset anyway. It’s very quick.

Userlevel 3
Badge

I guess I will have to plug the speakers to power and look for a factory reset button on the app 

There is no button in the App, check the link that I gave above.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks for the link. Just completed the reset. You have been a great help