Skip to main content

hi

the only threads i found are 9 years old so maybe there is something new now.

i can connect to the speaker on my windows 11 pc without any problems when using spotify on phone or PC but somehow it’s impossible to use any other PC sound source as a input signal for the speaker. how is this possible? I usually watch movies/netflix using headphones but i want to use my one SL speaker to also use with netflix, not just spotify and if i get this to work i will buy a 2nd one for the stereo effect.

No, Sonos really isn’t a PC speaker. When you’re using Spotify, you’re using Spotify Connect, which isn’t really playing through the PC, and instead ‘casting’ the signal to the Sonos. 

It might be worth reading this thread:

right. thats bit of a disappointment since the sound of the one SL is really great. makes me want to listen to more music :)

Understood, and agreed. I suspect Sonos thinks there is already a crowded PC speaker market, combined with the fact that the way the system is designed to work for the whole home paradigm, it would be challenging to make it work for the PC. There’s still a constant litany of folks who want their Home Theater system to sync everywhere, without understanding the nature of how Sonos works. 

But Sonos speakers do make great sound!

sadly this is a K.O. criteria for me. ordered some teufel speaker/soundbar for use with pc (cinebar one) and will sell the one sl when i get the new one in 2-3 weeks. listening to music is good but not always, luckily it was a gift so i won’t make any loss on it.

Too bad you live across the pond, picking up extra Sonos speakers at a good price is a win, especially when you use them as designed.