Question

How to connect old sonos speaker?

• 27 September 2019
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I have an old Sonos Speaker Play:5. It was manufactured in 2011. I want to connect to my cellphone and my computer. But i cannot connect to the speaker.

Please tell me how to set up connection with the speaker.

Thanks,

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi LIONMOM

I'm going to proceed on the premise that you just obtained the Play 5 and this is your first venture with Sonos. Otherwise please provide more information.

1. You need a router that generates a 2.4Ghz signal (most will also produce a 5Ghz signal)
  2. The Play 5 must be in factory mode flashing a Green light. Click here to learn how.
  3. Download the Sonos app to your cell phone. It must be iOS or Android.
  4. Open the Sonos app and select setup a new system. Follow the directions.
  5. Music Play is by streaming service or airplay if using an iOS device
  6. Music Play is by the above (# 5) and that which is stored on an Android device.
Please explain how you want to use your computer. However, all you need is the Sonos app for Windows or Mac to play music stored or by a streaming service to the Play 5.

To use it as a computer speaker you can use a dual 3.5mm line from the computer headphone output to the line-in of the Play 5. Not a recommended use BTW.

Let us know if this is or is not what you were inquiring about. Cheers!