Answered

How to change speaker from one room to another?

• 30 March 2023
  • 2 replies

I just got my new Era 100 and wanted to add it to an existing room (Living Room). By mistake I added it to another room (Den) and now I cannot change it to Living Room. I am also not able to remove the speaker. Can you please guide me on how to change it to the correct room?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 31 March 2023, 00:01

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Not sure I understand. The “room” is just a nomenclature in the Sonos software. You don’t “move” a speaker in the software most often, you just group them differently. 

You can always change the “name” of any “room” in the software, by clicking in Settings > System> (Room Name), and the first item showed is the room name, which you can modify. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

A "room” in Sonos is a fixed (stereo or surround) set of speakers, unlike in Google Home for example, where a "room” is much more like a physical room. The only configuration in which Sonos allows you to ad one Era 100 to an already existing room, is if you would already have another Era 100 in that room and would set up a stereo set.