Answered

how long does it take for a factory rest on play:3 ?

• 7 January 2024
  • 4 replies

My Sonos play:3 is dropping the sound and I am having trouble getting it to play.  am trying to reset it to factory setting by unplugging it and plugging it back in while simultaneously holding the play/pause button.  

Once I plug it it, it flashes white for a short period of time, then alternates flashing between white and amber, but never seems to turn green.

how long should it tack to rest to factory settings ?

I have a move, one and another play:3 and all work fine.

icon

Best answer by Schlumpf 7 January 2024, 15:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Some time ago with one of the latest updates Sonos had to change the way updating and resetting older devices including the Play3. Now it takes much longer to do these processes. I think there was mentioned something about up to 30 minutes. 
If possible I also would use a lan wired connection for the procedure. 
Besides that resetting shouldn’t be the first choice to solve connectivity issues. But as you just have done so, this just said as an advice for future. 😉

Connecting a lan cable directly to the router did the job. 

All is good now.  Thanks

Some time ago with one of the latest updates Sonos had to change the way updating and resetting older devices including the Play3. Now it takes much longer to do these processes. I think there was mentioned something about up to 30 minutes. 
If possible I also would use a lan wired connection for the procedure. 
Besides that resetting shouldn’t be the first choice to solve connectivity issues. But as you just have done so, this just said as an advice for future. 😉

thanks for the info i quess ill keep trying i’ve done what you have said and the support team still not working 

I would call Sonos Support again to discuss it.