Answered

how can I run era 300 trueplay Quick tuning when it won’t even initialize since it says it can’t run on the iPad Pro 6th generation?

• 17 September 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
  • Contributor I
  • 7 replies

I just set up my new era 300 and tried to run quick tuning. I received an error that stated that it was not supported on my iPad Pro 12.9” 6th gen.

I wanted to do a quick tuning which uses the microphone on the era 300 but there’s no way to initiate it. 

Has anyone else had this problem and have a possible resolution?

icon

Best answer by Sotiris C. 19 September 2023, 11:39

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello @RKP and welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’m sharing with you a few helpful support articles that include important information in regards to the Sonos App minimum requirements, the iOS and iPadOS devices required for Trueplay and most importantly the Era 300 Quick tuning / Advanced tuning:

Make sure you meet the requirements and you’ve got the latest app version, then you shouldn’t have an issue with quick tuning your Sonos Era 300.

It’s good to mention that quick tuning is not available when Era 300 is being used in a stereo pair or as a home theater surround speaker, you will need a compatible device to do Advanced tuning for those setups.

If you don't have a compatible device, you can borrow one from someone else to Trueplay your products. As long as your Sonos products stay in the same location, Trueplay only needs to be completed once per product and after finishing, you can return the device you used.

Let us know if the above helped.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have the latest version of the application. And I understand that the iPad Pro is not supported yet. Do you have any idea when support for the iPad Pro will be available or if support for Quik tune with the stereo pair will be available? I would imagine it would require disabling the speaker doing quick tune one of the time but it seems like it’s possible.

So I used an iPhone and I set up the speaker as an independent speaker not a stereo pair and quit tune would not run.

Russ

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hey @RKP,

I am not able to discuss for future plans, but you can keep checking Trueplay-compatible devices and Sonos products for any changes in the “Coming Soon" and “Not Supported" field.

So I used an iPhone and I set up the speaker as an independent speaker not a stereo pair and quit tune would not run.

That shouldn’t be happening if your iPhone meets the requirements. Can you check on the back of your Era 300 if the microphone is switched upwards? You should see a green colour on the switch to confirm it is not muted.

If you are still not able to perform Quick tuning on your Sonos Era 300, I recommend contacting Sonos Support, as they have tools at their disposal to provide you with help and advice specific to your system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Microphone is switched on.

I’ll contact Sonos support.

Thank you for your time