HELP WITH THE PORT!

• 22 April 2024
  • 2 replies

hi everyone!

i need some help/ advice on what is the best set up/arrnagements to use....i have my 65” tvtv, sonos beam 2 soundbar, sub and 2x one sl’s. 

recently added the sonos port through my pioneer mixing desk, for my technics sl1200mk 2’s turntables as i dont mind a bit of a mix with my vinyls..… whats annoying is that the tv has to be manually switched to the port setting on the app on my phone.., and voice control (morgan freemans annoying voice) wont respond poperly/consistently! 

i have my tv audio, and then line in/turntables. morgan and the app asks me everytime whether its ok the tv will be-muted when i play my decks (.. ergh,,duh.)  and then has 2 sound systems for the port and lounge!  why is this not simpler?? maybe im an idiot..but i just dropped 600 on the sonos port, just so i could  use the sonos speaker system but this is getting embarrassing with the constant sound tech fails, and i swear if morgan says ‘ im listening… again- its driving me %^& miss-daisy-crazy… what do you all suggest i do please? better setup recommendations welcome… :) cheers.. dr jay :)  ALSO the port keps dropping out speakers if TV is connected etc.  yes, i tried moving it around..

2 replies

Userlevel 7

In the Sonos app, go the Port’s Line-In settings and set the Autoplay Room to the room associated with the Beam.

I think that TV watchers tend raise a big fuss if their program is disrupted and this is an attempt to avoid accidents and family squabbling by asking “are you really sure you want to interrupt the TV show?” I can imagine that there were a few “incidents” in developers’ homes that prompted adding this feature.

I don’t know if this will help you, but you could insert a CEC isolator in the HDMI cable between the TV and soundbar, then use IR for TV Volume control.