Answered

Help! Added a Move and somehow my Play 1 is now 'incompatible' as sole S2 device

I already had:

2 Connects (S1)

1 Bridge - probably unnecessary?

Play 5

Play 1

Happy enough with this set-up but for a big birthday, I was gifted a Move. Added the move and later in the day it transpired that the Play1 is now incompatible.

No, I don’t want to trash and upgrade and why run a split system? I see no read benefits of S2

Although music does come out of the Play 1, to say the least it has random control and I suspect it got updated to S2 and now stands alone so do I need to factory re-set it and re-add to my Sonos App?

By the way, I mostly use an Android control app called Macronos because I found it added functions that Sonos didn’t bother with such as proper control of which devices fire up and at what volume when I create alarms and the ability to have home page short cuts such as Stop all and downstairs play Virgin Radio. It has served me well in the absence of a standalone controller which I would have liked in addition because I don’t want life dependency on my mobile phone! Maybe this is for another community page but hey!

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 10 May 2021, 20:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

All Play 1s are S2 compatible. However your Play 5 may not be if it is Gen 1, and your Bridges are certainly S1-only.

I am unclear what exact state your system is in now. Please share which players are visible in which Sonos apps which will help.

Hi,

In S1 App I can see ALL players but Play 1 is incompatible. I don’t have S2 App - not interested as most of my kit won’t work with it and S1 does what I need. I have Android btw.

Also I have confirmed that the Play 1 is running S2 software ( by using Sonos secret menu I found on YouTube)

So since I can’t find a downgrade option, it sounds like I must Factory Reset right?

I don’t want a split system, I like my Sonos speakers in sync, which, other than great quality speakers, was the original attraction.

Thanks

Ian

Yes, you must factory reset only that PLAY:1, and then re-add it to your S1 system, so that it can be seen when using the S1 app. 

This means your Move will be the only device on the S2 app.

As I suspected, thanks Bruce.

Ian