Answered

Grouping from Apple TV through Beam throughout apartment

• 22 October 2023
  • 7 replies

If I am watching something on Apple TV through Beam in my living room I can group the IKEA symfonisk in my bedroom and it works great. But if I try to group the Five in my office or Roam SL anywhere it sounds like it’s skipping or something. Hard to explain but definitely not listenable. Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by nik9669a 22 October 2023, 18:02

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

If I am watching something on Apple TV through Beam in my living room I can group the IKEA symfonisk in my bedroom and it works great. But if I try to group the Five in my office or Roam SL anywhere it sounds like it’s skipping or something. Hard to explain but definitely not listenable. Any ideas?

Poor (weak) wifi, at a first guess. Can you try it in situ connected with a long Ethernet cable and see if that fixes it - or at least helps identify the issue? Are you grouping living room and office, or them plus bedroom? Does it help doing both/all 3 rooms? 

So the symfonisk is actually the furthest away from the Beam so I don’t think that’s it. They connect easily. Like I said, it sounds like it’s rotating through sound, not buffering.

It doesn’t help with all 3 rooms but the symfonisk still works hmmm

I’ll to capture the audio on a quick video and add that for reference. Only happens when the source is the Apple TV. Streaming on all 4 works great, record player hooked up to Five works great on all 4, too 

Remember, the signal from the TV is much ‘fatter’ than a normal music stream, and it could be just enough to be causing wifi interference only when you’re grouping the TV input on the Beam. 

I would certainly be a fan of @nik9669a ‘s test case. 

Am I connecting the Beam to ethernet or the Five? 

Poor (weak) wifi, at a first guess. Can you try it in situ connected with a long Ethernet cable and see if that fixes it - or at least helps identify the issue? Are you grouping living room and office, or them plus bedroom? Does it help doing both/all 3 rooms? 

It works!!! Plugged Ethernet into Beam! Y’all are the best! Been dealing with this for years lol