Answered

google assistant now showing up as a voice service

• 21 February 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I always used my sonos one with Google assistant installed and it was working all fine. Today I accidentally removed the sonos one from the Google home app. When I went to reconfigure everything in the sonos app side, I noticed I no longer have the Google assistant option from the voice services. Now I only have “sonos voice control”. I tried finding online a reason why, but I can’t seem to find a solution. I also tried factory reset the sonos device, and still I only see the sonos voice control option. Am I the only one?

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 22 February 2023, 10:19

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @jonymartin,

Sonos Voice is available in all of the Sonos service regions, while Google Assistant on Sonos isn’t available in all regions. If it was working fine but isn’t after you removed Google Assistant, then it’s likely that your system is set to an unsupported region. Log in to your Sonos account at https://www.sonos.com/login then go to Profile and verify your system location. If you make any changes to your Sonos account, you’ll want to restart the Sonos app and speakers by powering them off for 30 seconds, as this will allow the changes to take place in the system.

If you haven’t changed your location, then a full system reboot would be recommended. You’ll do this by powering off the Router → any networking equipment → Sonos speakers → Controllers running the Sonos App in that order for 30 seconds, then powering them back on. After performing the reboot, check in the app if the option to add Google Assistant has been returned.

For future troubleshooting on this matter, please refrain from Factory Resetting unless asked to do so by our support team. A Factory Reset rarely resolves persisting issues and deletes valuable diagnostics information stored on the speaker. 

If the above hasn’t resolved this issue for you, please reach out to our support team for live assistance, as they have the tools available to troubleshoot this issue with you.

I hope this helps!

Userlevel 1

Hi Jamie,
Thanks for the quick reply!
I did all the mentioned step, one by one, and still got the same result, can’t find any other option to select, other than “sonos voice control”. I will get in touch with the support team with live assistance. Thanks!