Good Turntable for FIVEs plus SUB

• 28 August 2023
  • 5 replies

My twelve year old daughter has discovered vinyl and we’d like to get a turntable. We have the FIVES with the SUB.

Can anyone share a good turntable we could get and how to connect it to the system?

Thanks for your help!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

A great turntable that is very affordable and simple to use is the Sony PS-LX310BT turntable. It has a built-in preamp so all you need to do is get an RCA female to 3.5mm adapter and connect it to the line-in port on either one of the Fives. Be sure to switch the Output Select switch on the back of the turntable to LINE.

Read more here:

Thank you. Connecting it to one of the speakers will still make the sound stereo right? I can still use the app to stream music as well. Appreciate the help!

Userlevel 7

Connecting it to one of the speakers will still make the sound stereo right?

Yes, as long as the Fives are set up as a stereo pair.

I can still use the app to stream music as well. Appreciate the help!

Yes.

Thank you. Connecting it to one of the speakers will still make the sound stereo right? I can still use the app to stream music as well. Appreciate the help!

Yes, a single line-in will give a stereo signal to a paired set of Fives.  You can even use the other line-in as a second source.

Line-In and Line-Out are not direct connections to the physical ‘box’ that houses the Jack, they are simply audio resources on the network that can be accessed by any SONOS unit on the network.

Initially this can confusing if you think in terms of conventional audio systems where an input or output jack is hardwired for use by that unit. For example, an initial expectation might be that a turntable plugged into a speaker will automatically play on that speaker, however, the turntable must be selected the same as any other source would be selected. Playing the turntable on the attaching device is optional.