Answered

Frontier Eero Sonos Wifi Connectivity Issue

• 23 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi all!

I recently updated my wifi with Frontier. Eero replaced my Arris router/modem. Now, my huge problem is my two Sonos Ones cannot connect to my wifi. I read on here to enable bridge mode. I called Frontier and I was told they do not support bridge mode. PLS HELP!!! TIA!

icon

Best answer by melvimbe 24 April 2023, 14:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Regina, welcome to the Sonos Community!

You’ll want to enable Bridge mode (or Modem mode as some routers call it) when you have two Network Router/Modem combos or if you have a Network Router and a Mesh System with it’s own Hub Router.

From what I can see, Frontier provide an Eero router, so unless you’re still using an older router in your network, you wouldn’t need to make use of Bridge mode. 

When getting a new router, it usually comes with different details from your previous router that you need to provide Sonos with so it can connect to your network again. You’ll want to follow the steps on our guide on connecting Sonos to a new Router or Wi-Fi network. You can also temporarily wire a speaker to your router and then switching to a wireless network.

I hope this information helps!

Hi @Regina, welcome to the Sonos Community!

You’ll want to enable Bridge mode (or Modem mode as some routers call it) when you have two Network Router/Modem combos or if you have a Network Router and a Mesh System with it’s own Hub Router.

From what I can see, Frontier provide an Eero router, so unless you’re still using an older router in your network, you wouldn’t need to make use of Bridge mode. 

This is correct.  I switched over to Frontier last year and they provide a separate modem and router, so there is no need for bridge mode.

When getting a new router, it usually comes with different details from your previous router that you need to provide Sonos with so it can connect to your network again. You’ll want to follow the steps on our guide on connecting Sonos to a new Router or Wi-Fi network. You can also temporarily wire a speaker to your router and then switching to a wireless network.

I hope this information helps!

In my case, I used the same WiFi SSID and password on the new setup that I used on the new setup.   I’m using Sonosnet, but my WiFi only Move and Roam had no issues connected.  I don’t think I even had to reboot, but could be misremembering.

Thank you so much!!! I will try this today. It is so frustrating as the Frontier rep told me I am not able to use my speakers. I am thinking on installing my old router so I can use my speakers.