Skip to main content
Answered

Frequent sound drops on Beam Gen 2 (Xbox Series X)

• 10 June 2023
  • 6 replies

Hello all,

I have noticed an issue when playing my Xbox where the sound will cut out roughly every 20 mins in an atmos enabled game.  The sound will cut out for around a few secs, then it will come back again like if someone was muting the audio.  I’m not sure if is it just an atmos related issue, but I have not noticed it elsewhere just on my Xbox.  I was wondering if there is anything I can check on my setup?

TV: Samsung Q95T (eARC, passthrough and CEC enabled)

Xbox:  Dolby Atmos, passthrough enabled)

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

What Atmos-enabled game are you playing? Does the audio drop out when streaming a film with an Atmos track? Are you using the Sonos-supplied HDMI cable with the Beam? Is the “Let my receiver decode audio” setting enabled on the Xbox?

Badge

What Atmos-enabled game are you playing? Does the audio drop out when streaming a film with an Atmos track? Are you using the Sonos-supplied HDMI cable with the Beam? Is the “Let my receiver decode audio” setting enabled on the Xbox?

Hello, thanks for the reply.

The game is Gears 5, I have not tried a movie yet.  I am using the supplied HDMI cable, the Xbox setting you mentioned is switched on.

Userlevel 7

Try this:

Make sure the TV has the latest firmware installed. Then disconnect everything from the TV and unplug the Beam and TV from power for a couple of minutes. Plug everything back in but keep everything disconnected. Make sure Anynet+ is enabled and toggle HDMI-eARC Mode off and then to Auto again in the TV settings. Run TV Setup in the Sonos app and follow the app instructions. When the app instructs you, connect the Beam to the TV’s HDMI ARC/eARC port using the Sonos-supplied HDMI cable. After the Beam has been successfully connected, connect the Xbox to the TV.

If this doesn’t fix it, it may just be your TV. Samsung TVs with eARC are known to have audio dropout issues.

Badge

Try this:

Make sure the TV has the latest firmware installed. Then disconnect everything from the TV and unplug the Beam and TV from power for a couple of minutes. Plug everything back in but keep everything disconnected. Make sure Anynet+ is enabled and toggle HDMI-eARC Mode off and then to Auto again in the TV settings. Run TV Setup in the Sonos app and follow the app instructions. When the app instructs you, connect the Beam to the TV’s HDMI ARC/eARC port using the Sonos-supplied HDMI cable. After the Beam has been successfully connected, connect the Xbox to the TV.

If this doesn’t fix it, it may just be your TV. Samsung TVs with eARC are known to have audio dropout issues.

Thanks, I will give this a try and let you know how I get on.

Badge

So the audio dropout is still present after following the above steps.  I have disabled atmos on the xbox and TV for now, xbox is on dolby digital with no issues.  Hopefully a firmware update will come out for the TV which fixes the eARC.

Badge

@GuitarSuperstar Do you know what’s the latest with Gaming via Dolby Atmos on the Xbox Series X? I’ve switched Dolby atmos off on my xbox because of the Loud popping that occurs. 

Has there been any fix so I can game using Dolby atmos on the Xbox? I just purchased the Era 300s and feel their being underused.