Skip to main content

For when we can separate our rear speakers to listen to music without having to do Trueplay again to join them again

• 14 April 2023
  • 6 replies

When Sonos would let us separate our rear speakers so we could use them to listen to music elsewhere and return them with the soundbar without having to Trueplay again and again if we put them in the same place every time.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

So the speakers would need to remember two sets of Trueplay and with which speakers where connected to each other at the time they where Trueplayed. Seems difficult.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

So the speakers would need to remember two sets of Trueplay and with which speakers where connected to each other at the time they where Trueplayed. Seems difficult.

And to know if when re-connecting them you’ve correctly placed the left and right on the left and right, or accidentally reversed them, which would really muddle the Trueplay settings. 

Not to mention if they’ve moved physical position, which might be the case. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

And to know if when re-connecting them you’ve correctly placed the left and right on the left and right, or accidentally reversed them, which would really muddle the Trueplay settings. 

I don't get what would be difficult to store the config info. Probably like two small text config files?

I could see moving the speakers as being problematic, but that also seems like it could be solved with a quick note suggesting a retune if you physically moved the speakers?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Sonos should just add GPS and store the needed information for the last dozen or so locations.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Angel24 

Thank you - I've marked this thread as a feature request and it will be seen by the relevant teams for consideration. Keep the ideas coming!