Feature Request: Disable bluetooth on Sonos One Gen 2

• 13 April 2023
  • 5 replies

• Contributor I
  • 2 replies

Hi, may I request a toggle to disable bluetooth on Sonos One Gen 2, similar to how we can disable WiFi? Thank you!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

There’s only Bluetooth Low Energy on that speaker, for setup. I think unless it’s in the process of being set up, it’s turned off, but the emission of a low energy setup would be in the inches to a foot, and not further.

Your answer isn’t productive with my feature request and is incorrect. I don’t believe it’s unreasonable to ask for a toggle for Bluetooth when not in use, as it’s common place on most modern electronics. 

There is no reason to add additional unnecessary RF pollution to home environments. Sadly my Sonos One gen2 *always* gives off over an incredible 100,000 µW/m² of radiation with Wi-Fi disabled close to the device and over 1000 µW/m² at over 3 feet away. I’ve measured this with multiple high end meters and can send anyone videos if interested. 

Anything over 1000 is considered unsafe and some countries have much lower guidelines, esp for children.

I won’t be replying to those passionately arguing RF emissions are good or harmless. They can enjoy bear hugging their devices all night. 

I’m only asking for a simple toggle. There’s others asking for this too and it shouldn’t be an unreasonable request. Hopefully Sonos can reply if their Bluetooth antenna supports OFF. 

My apologies for attempting to add information, without passing any judgement on your request for a feature.

And my apologies as well, please don’t take my tone personal. I’ve had other comments derailed by community posters rather than keeping things on topic! Take care.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

LOL. Its a Wifi speaker.