Extra long power cable for sonos Era 100

• 19 December 2023
  • 4 replies

I am trying to wall mount my pair of Sonos Era 100 speakers. I tried at least 2 electricians to install a power outlet near to one of them. Due to various reasons of the house, power outlet could not be installed. My nearest power outlet is at least 13 ft away. The longest available power cable from sonos is 12ft. 

I could run a 15 ft extension cord closer to the speaker and plug power cable but connector part is bulky and aesthetically it is not an ideal choice. 

Have any of you faced this problem? How did you solve it?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

It’s just a power cable. If you’re willing to give up the warranty, there’s no reason that you can’t graft the ‘special’ end to a cable of the length you want. In my past I’ve used several ‘extensions’ from Flexson to  create shorter cables, since I wanted to keep the originals pristine. Just had to get extra wall plugs to attach at where I cut the cord. 

@Airgetlam , thanks for the suggestion. I am mildly uncomfortable to do grafting and run that cable along a wall. I am hoping there are third party power cables that are compatible with Era 100 or better sonos come out with one. 

There likely are, if you do a Google search, or an Amazon search. They’re unlikely to match exactly what you need, in my experience, but no harm in looking. I know Flexson has/had some, but I think other companies are out there, too. Vebner, for instance, doing a quick search on Amazon. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Several options here, as long as you can get from the Sonos to an out-of-sight location you should be able to hide the cord connector if there isn’t one long enough here:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=sonios+era+100+power+cord&crid=38RMQ7YYNCLP5&sprefix=sonios+era+100+power+cord%2Caps%2C145&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

Another option is a very short power cord and an empty wall box with a cable access cover that the connector can be hidden in. Then use a low visibility cord from the box to your power outlet.

https://www.amazon.com/Bates-Choice-single-brush-plate/dp/B09WJCFT1F/ref=sr_1_21