Answered

Every Update Gives Fail Error But Works

• 12 February 2024
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Anyone know why every single update I have to run twice we because of a a fail/try again error, and then the second time fails, shows a disconnected sub (using arc, sub and 300 surrounds), but then when checking the app, the latest update is there and appears everything is working. These are the screens I get for the first and second fail. 

icon

Best answer by ratty 12 February 2024, 18:26

View original

7 replies

I have the same issue, but have always assumed it’s a timing issue, I.e one or several of the speakers haven’t finished completely when the check occurs. By the time I run the second check, though, it’s finished.

Since this really doesn’t impact my use (and it only happens about 80% of the time), I’ve not really worried about it. As long as my speakers tell me the second time that they’ve all updated, I’m fine. I’ve also never seen this ‘error’ when using the overnight automatic update process, only when manually updating my speakers. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Yeah. I haven't worried about it, but I know with me and my luck, the clock is ticking for this to occur and the system to be bricked. 🤣

It is simply a timing problem, and is more likely to happen on larger systems. The controller listens out for a ‘rebooted’ notification from each of the devices. Sometimes it’s late or goes astray..

I used to get this issue just about every time. Now I’ve set the system to update automatically during the night. Each device looks after itself. No controller involved, and no error messages either.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

It is simply a timing problem, and is more likely to happen on larger systems. The controller listens out for a ‘rebooted’ notification from each of the devices. Sometimes it’s late or goes astray..

I used to get this issue just about every time. Now I’ve set the system to update automatically during the night. Each device looks after itself. No controller involved, and no error messages either.

Id love to set it to auto updates but I got nailed with the glitch from an update like a year ago where the sub would kick in and out. I refuse to update until Peter Pee has ran it through the ringer. 

Id love to set it to auto updates but I got nailed with the glitch from an update like a year ago where the sub would kick in and out. I refuse to update until Peter Pee has ran it through the ringer. 

Well then wait for Peter Pee’s approval, enable overnight auto-update, and disable it in the morning.  

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Well then wait for Peter Pee’s approval, enable overnight auto-update, and disable it in the morning.  

Aactually a great idea. Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Id love to set it to auto updates but I got nailed with the glitch from an update like a year ago where the sub would kick in and out. I refuse to update until Peter Pee has ran it through the wringer. 

Lately.. Peter Pee hasn’t ran the last 2 or 3 updates and given results unfortunately. So now it’s reading about what others are experiencing with the updates.