Answered

era300

• 20 April 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I have a Pixel 8 pro and looking to buy 2 era300 speakers and subscribing to apple music.(Currently using Amazon music)

I have a query if someone can answer. With the Sonos 2 app and apple music connected as a service in the the app.  Does the Dolby Atmos/spaital audio work if I select music directly via the Sonos app? I know this works on iPhone, but need clarification whether it works on pixel 8 pro.

thanks 

icon

Best answer by Schlumpf 20 April 2024, 21:50

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Afteraffect 

Yes, Apple Music connected directly to Sonos system and used via Sonos S2 app supports Atmos music. 
You can use S2 app for iOS and also for Android… no difference on that function. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Afteraffect 

PS: 

But be aware of the fact that Apple Music on Sonos still doesn’t support hifi stereo streaming but just standard quality (AAC codec) though they support Atmos music. 
Amazon also supports Atmos music AND on the other hand stereo up to UHD quality with 24 bit 48 kHz. 
So I personally would go with Amazon. 

Userlevel 1

Thanks for replying, really appreciate it 😃

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Does the Dolby Atmos/spaital audio work if I select music directly via the Sonos app? I know this works on iPhone, but need clarification whether it works on pixel 8 pro.

thanks 

The app is, in effect, a remote control for the speakers. Regardless of platform (pc, Mac, IOS or Android) all you’re doing in the app is starting the stream to a particular speaker. It’s what the speaker and the music source can do that dictates whether it plays Atmos, HD, Ultra HD…

Userlevel 1

Ah cool. Makes sense when you look at it that way 😂.