ERA300

• 15 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi, 

I think to make own corner to play my vinyl collection. I am a DJ, so I play from two turntables and they are connected to mixer which is connected to SONOS amp or Port which I already have as well. I think to buy 2 x ERA 300 and install on the wall behind my back on the black wall ( in the future if needed add SUB mini or SUB for better feelings ). Do You think is it a good idea? Does each era300 need a separate power supply from the socket? I see as an accessory, mounting wall - does it hide power socket ? DO You have any ellegant way to make this installation ?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Regardless of which speakers you install on the back wall, you will need to run some sort of wires either speaker wires for passive speakers or power wires for active speakers. You seem to have shelves available. Is there a reason why you want to mount speakers on the back wall? Will these be surround speakers?

Normally, I don’t recommend attempting to use SONOS in DJ applications because there is a 75ms latency between analog input and output from speakers, but I assume that in this case you are simply reviewing, not performing at this location.

Ineed, this is the listening area and I thought it would be better if the sound came from behind. I do not insist that it must be the Era 300, but I know the quality of sonos and it seems to be a specific equipment to play harder and louder.

At a later stage, I plan to include this place (turntables) in one system so that I can listen to music throughout the house where the playbar and 4 x sonos one are hanging, so Sonos amp will be helpful for such a solution.