Answered

Era100’s and SonosNet

Good evening

Just bought two Era 100’s as my main music source. They are excellent, however, I have a problem. All my other speakers and my sound bar are on Sonosnet, while the Era 100’s obviously are on my Wi-Fi. The problem I have is when I group the Era100’s with any of my other Sonos one’s they keep losing connection. Yet play the Era 100’s on their own or likewise the other speakers on Sonosnet on their own they work fine. They just will not work when grouped properly.

icon

Best answer by nik9669a 6 April 2023, 09:46

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

18 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi. I have just got an Era 100 and have many more speakers on SonosNet. I don't have any issue grouping the 100 with my other speakers. In the bedroom where the 100 is, I can group it fine with the Playbase and Move that are also in that room. Does your app now show the signal strength to the 100s? If so, has it got good signal? Also is WiFi enabled on your SonosNet speakers? All my SonosNet speakers also have WiFi enabled on them in the app 

Thanks for the reply

No my app does not show the signal strength. Playing music through my 100’s at the moment and everything is okay. Try to group them and the whole group just keeps on disconnecting. Yes, WiFi is enabled. 

Sorry, just checked again and my signal strength is excellent.

Nick

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi Nick. Not sure then to be honest. I would suggest ringing the support team to see if they can give you any ideas. Sorry not to be more help. 

Thanks for your time, it’s a bit of a mystery.

Thanks for your time, it’s a bit of a mystery.

Maybe it’s a compatibility issue with your router, or other local network hardware, perhaps? What router is it? Note, there is a useful network hardware incompatibility list here…

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/incompatible-network-hardware

Thanks 

BT smart hub.

I just seen there is an update on the app. Don’t know if that will help. The problem only started today, I had the 100’s for a week. They are good. 

Thanks again. 

Is it a BT smart hub v2, as there is an old long thread about that particular router here:

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Is it a BT smart hub v2, as there is an old long thread about that particular router here:

I have that router and don't have any issues with it 

If it is a BT Smart-hub v2 then perhaps check the firmware version so it matches whatever @SarahN presently has installed.

Yes, smart hub two.

It’s all a bit puzzling, everything was ok until this morning. 
I see if this update on the app has done anything?. 

Thank you

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

If it is a BT Smart-hub v2 then perhaps check the firmware version so it matches whatever @SarahN presently has installed.

This is my latest version as per my BT app

Thanks Ken

My smart hub is up to date. What I did do was updated the app, I do have it set for automatic updates, but it’s telling me an update is needed. I then power down all speakers, then the hub. Then power up everything one by one and to date all seems well. 
Many thanks for people’s time, it’s much appreciated. Nick

Does your wireless router have a channel optimizer/finder? If you go into your routers app it would have it under Wi-Fi settings. I’ve run into occasional drop outs when i add a new Wi-Fi device to my home. It runs an analysis and chooses the best channels to be on for each band your router supports.

I take a look. Everything seems ok after I carried out in my last post.

Thanks for your time. Nick

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I take a look. Everything seems ok after I carried out in my last post.

Thanks for your time. Nick

Powering down and then restarting everything will have set fresh ip addresses for all the devices. Duplicate ip addresses is a common problem, which is easily fixed for the future by setting ip addresses for your Sonos devices. The router manual will tell you how to do so, but post here if you’re having problems and we can guide you through the process. 

I am having the exact same problem with my ERA 300s. They will not group with any of my speakers that utilize Sonos Net. I have to choose to use only the 300s or everything but the 300s.

Duplicate post to your thread here.