Skip to main content

Hi, I've connected my ERA100 successfully to my phone via Bluetooth and WI-FI. Now the reason I bought this product is because I want to use it when camping in a field with friends. As I have an Anker power pack and solar panel I want 24 hour music with better quality than a wireless speaker. My question:-  is it possible for a friend to connect their phone to the ERA100 via bluetooth without WI-FI or having the Sonos app installed on their phone ?

Once it is set up you are able to use it without WIFI. Have a look at this video:

Not really sure, to be honest. You might test this by having your friend come over to your home (or simply use another device that you don’t have connected) then unplug the router,  and try to set it up. Probably better to be sure before you go camping, not after. 

All that being said, I do think you should be fine. The speaker needs to be set up in your system while on WiFi, I don’t think it needs to be on WiFi once that is done. 

Edit: @Pools-3015 types faster, and even has a video!

Thanks Airgetlam and Pools 3015 and thanks for the video. I don't understand why it has to be connected to WI-FI before bluetooth can be used but there you go. Thanks again :)