Answered

Era 500

• 28 April 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Will there be Era 500s? If so, is there a projected timeframe? 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 28 April 2023, 04:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7

Sonos hasn’t announced anything. There has only been speculation.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I sure hope they release them soon but I'm not going to wait forever either ever since they released the era 300 I have considered selling the system I already have two subs gen 3 Arc and two of the fives for the rear if I don't hear something by Christmas I'm going to move to a different product it's a shame because I love Sonos stuff and the sound is really good but I want Atmos

I’m sure part of their strategy for figuring out whether to announce or not is a count of how many threats they’ve received from customers. Likely has very little to do with production, marketing, all those other business decisions. 

Why would anyone expect Sonos to be releasing something they've never even hinted is in the works?  Nevermind issuing an "or the bunny gets it" threat over something which hasn't even been hinted at.  Rank speculation very rarely turns out to be accurate.

How would this ERA 500 be superior to current products?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

How would this ERA 500 be superior to current products?

I don’t know but now I want one because the number is bigger!  :-)

Seriously maybe 2-3 large front facing drivers for music use, as full mode surrounds or as dedicated L/R speakers.

Angled front tweeters like the Five and dedicated L/R mids for single point stereo.

Bottom facing super-mini-sub speaker.

So a Five / 300 hybrid that does stereo and Atmos as well as being a better L/R than the Five.

Lots of fun ideas but not sure any would sell more Sonos speakers.

i think that the ability to add L/R front to soundbars would be popular and relatively inexpensive to develop.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I don't expect them to release it but I bought the sound bar because of Linus Tech tips and now I heard that most of their testing at LTT is completely flawed it's too bad that Linus drove his own company into the ground