Era 300 wall mounts

• 4 January 2024
  • 6 replies

I’m wanting to mount my era 300’s to the wall and conceal the wires.  I know there is a solution for the sonos 1 but I can’t find one for the era 300.  Aside from running the power through the wall. Or installing an outlet near by and simply plugging it in, are there any products that support power and mount together?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Wrhughe 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

The only wall mount for the Era 300 that I can point you to is this: https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/sonos-era-300-wall-mount

As for concealing the wires, I can’t assist, but my replying here will get this thread back onto the list of recently active ones - perhaps someone who has personally dealt with this already will be able to chime in and assist.

I hope this helps.

I’m not aware of any product that includes a Sonos wall mount and in wall cabling together.  I doubt that one exists.  The problem is that the rating on power cables in wall is different than the power cable Sonos provides, and generally any speaker/appliance provides.  It pretty much necessitates having a outlet located near the speaker in some form or another, as in wall rated power cables with the proper connection to the speaker just doesn’t exist.  You would need to essential split open two cables and splice them together in order to do this without a power outlet and meet local code.  Of course, that would void warranty in the process.  A local installer might be willing to do this and warranty their work.

It would be nice though, if there was a wall mount that included a long power cable, a short cable, and a short cable with bare wire ends that you could directly wire to mains power, all in the same kit.

Oh, I think I might have misspoken.  Ultimately, I know if has to be plugged into an outlet.  I’m fine with that.  I was looking for an option that included a mounting bracket and outlet in one, whereas I would run romex to the new outlet and subsequently would be able to plug in directly behind the mount and there be minimal exposed wires. 

@Corry P I could find the other thread related to others mounting and hiding the power cable.  Can you direct me?

I know, back in the day, maybe 10 years ago, I was able to find one company who made such a thing for the PLAY:1, but I would guess the demand was so low they likely don’t make it any more, much less one for the Era speakers. The closest thing I’ve seen (and own) recently is a more generic ‘stand’ that attaches to an outlet, which holds (roughly) the Sonos PLAY:1/Sonos One speaker, made by Sanus. It’s here. I’ve never seen one for the Era series, though. Again, the amount of sales for such a device may not support setting up a manufacturing line, much less the initial design effort. 

A quick Google search turned up this device, which, while slightly different than I recall, matches the company name in my memory. I never purchased from them, though, I just had an electrician put a plug in at ceiling height, used some Flexson mounts, and shortened my own cords. Unfortunately, I left those speakers in the house when I sold it, I’ve not done anything like that in my new home…yet. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Wrhughe 

@Corry P I could find the other thread related to others mounting and hiding the power cable.  Can you direct me?

I’m guessing there’s a “n’t” missing from your post?

The search feature here leaves a bit to be desired. The best way to search the forum is to use Google, but to include “site:en.community.sonos.com” as a search term. Doing so, along with “hide power cable” yielded multiple results:

Plus many more.

I hope this helps.