Answered

Era 300 volume issues

• 31 January 2024
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

I took my Era 300 to a mates for the weekend for him to evaluate

Like a fool I forgot to take it home but having added Play3s to my arc as home theatre I am quite enjoying music on that.

I shall be recoving my Era in March

That does give him time for a longer evaluationand he has downloaded the S2 App and plays through it

He reports a problem that when he increases the volume it resets back to low

Anyone got a suggestion to the problem?

He is on Apple music shared subscription

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 31 January 2024, 20:10

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

That suggests difficulty in the Era 300 receiving commands from the controller. I’d suggest your friend both review the wifi interference FAQ, and reset IP addresses by unplugging the Era 300 from power, rebooting his router, waiting a couple of minutes, then plugging the Era 300 back in to power.

Userlevel 7

I’d ask him to check the Era 300 is level and not placed at an angle.

I’d also ask the status of the LED when the volume lowers.

Userlevel 7

Hi

Have him check in the app to see if a volume limiter is set. Question…was the speaker behaving as such in your home?

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi

Have him check in the app to see if a volume limiter is set. Question…was the speaker behaving as such in your home?

No, no problems for me. Been a wonderful speaker

Userlevel 7

Hi

No, no problems for me. Been a wonderful speaker

Then it’s either his network, volume limiter or user error (IMO).

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi

That is a good one. Have messaged him

Userlevel 7

Hi

That is a good one. Have messaged him

The volume limit doesn’t allow the volume to go above the limit set, therefore, when you say it resets back to low, that is not how the volume limit works. Something else is causing the issue.

I had this problem. No matter what volume I set, they would reset to 15 when using Air Play (hasn’t tried any other way yet). A message popped up after opening the Sonos app “to place speaker so that controls are facing up”. Strange…they are!? But I then checked and discovered that the housekeeper had placed one speaker with the front facing up. Correcting the positioning solved the problem.