Answered

Era 300 & Pro-Ject E1 phono turntable

• 6 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi. I’ve bought an era 300 to use with a Pro-Ject E1 phono turntable, but can’t get any sound to transmit at all. 

My understanding is that the turntable has a built in pre-amp, so I don’t need a separate one, but no joy so far. 

Any ideas please? 

icon

Best answer by SarahN 6 August 2023, 11:08

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi,

Do you have the turntable’s pre-amp switched to ‘Line’? Not sure where this is located on that turntable but the switch is usually on the rear.

Do you have the Line in source selected in the App to play on the Era 300? Do you have the Line in level in the app down as at least 8?

Are you using Sonos’s own adapter to hook up the turntable to the Era 300 as this is the only one that will work.

Thanks so much - think it was the line in selector on the turntable, that’s working perfectly now. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@pgs73 - glad it’s working for you now.

I have an older Pro-Ject Debut turntable hooked up to a pair of Fives and I love it. Hope you will get a lot of enjoyment out of your turntable and Era 300