era 300 loosing connection

• 7 September 2023
  • 4 replies

I have the arc, sub, ones,and era 300s. The era 300s are always loosing their connection. Not even showing in the Sonos app. The little white light want even stay on. Because of the issue I bought the boost because support told me it would streamline the Wi-Fi connection through the boost. 
I am still losing connection. I unplug the era300s and plug them back in and sometimes unplug the boost and plug back in. After a frustrating amount of time they will finally show up in the app and start working again. Then after a day or so with me not using them  they just loose connection again. They are in within fifteen feet of the boost and router. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

I am not having problems with the other speakers just the era300s

First, the Era series doesn’t connect to a BOOST unfortunately, only your Wi-Fi. But it seems like you may have either standard wifi interference, or possibly a duplicate IP address issue. If none of the solutions in that linked FAQ work, try unplugging all Sonos devices from power, including your BOOST. Then reboot your router. Once the router has come back up, plug the power back in to the BOOST first, then all the rest of your Sonos devices. 

Thanks i will try that. I hope sine the 300s want connect to boost it will still be ok to use the boost for the other speakers. While the 300 s connect directly through the router. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

You can use the Boost but you could also wire a Sonos (main) Speaker and get the same thing.