Answered

Era 300 case vibrating

Badge

Hey everybody,

I purchased the Era 300 a few days ago and I absolutely love it, except for one thing that is driving me nuts: I listen to bass heavy music and it seems the case is vibrating quite often when I’m playing music. This is one of my most hated things as it just ruins the sound, even though I found the sound from the Era 300 to be excellent. This one thing is ruining the speaker for me and I want to know if this is common with this speaker, or if something in the build quality might be off and I need a replacement. I have it sitting on a turntable stand if that helps at all. If I put my hand on top of the speaker, the vibrating stops so I know the speakers themselves are fine. Anybody have any solutions? I appreciate the help!

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 8 May 2024, 08:07

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Try moving them to a solid base, like a table and playing them loud.

Badge

Hey Stanley,

The base they are on is really sturdy, as it’s my old DJ turntable stand which is meant to stop vibrations so needles stay in the groove of a record. I’ll definitely try this, but I think it would probably be the most sturdy table in my house. Thanks for the help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I was thinking lazy-Susan type turntable stand. :-)

Are the legs all in firm contact with your stand? Any wobble that your pressure is eliminating?

Badge

Ah, gotcha!

Yea, it’s a really firm stand. I’ve never had any speaker make any vibration noises on it. I tried placing the Sonos on a dining room table and it has the same issue. Once any type of bass kicks in, the vibration does too. I’ve had a Marshall Stanmore II on both the turntable stand and multiple tables in my house with no vibration for a few years.

I LOVE the sound coming out of the Sonos, but the vibrations just kill it. I’m really hoping it’s a build issue that can be fixed because I’d hate to return this thing, but I can’t listen to the vibrations non-stop. 

Are you playing a record or online music when you hear the vibrations?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I’d call Sonos Support and formally open a trouble ticket so if you do need to return it you have a trail of reports to cite for the reason.

Probably not going to help but I’d send in a diagnostic after causing the issue just to get that logged into the Sonos support system too.

From other posts here it looks like they may be swamped with calls but unless someone has an idea here that helps it would be worth your time.

Badge

@buzz: I’m using this as my streaming speaker so it’s not hooked up to my turntable, and I’ve used the Sonos app, Apple Music, and Amazon Music all with the case vibrating. Thanks!

@Stanley: Thanks for the advice. I have the day off work today so I’m going to hop on with support to hopefully get the issue fixed. Thanks again!