Answered

Era 100 wall mount won't hold in place

• 18 December 2023
  • 5 replies

Picked up a pair of Sonos branded wall mounts, for my Era 100 speakers. The locking base / ball joint mechanism will not hold. After base is in locked position, the speaker drops down. This is happening with both mounts. Pretty disappointed, should of went with the cheaper Sanus one.

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 19 December 2023, 05:06

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

Did you rotate the collar 90 degrees clockwise to lock it in place?

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/guides/era100

Did you rotate the collar 90 degrees clockwise to lock it in place?

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/guides/era100

Yes, of course. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Call Sonos Support, you may have gotten bad ones if the lock isn’t holding.

I’ve had exactly the same experience. I bought a pair of SONOS wall mounts for my Era 100s. They are expensive for wall mounts but I paid for, what I thought would be, the best mounts for my excellent speakers. The mounts look good and are classily packaged and the fitting process is straightforward but once the speakers were in place I was sorely disappointed. They droop and won’t hold the position I want no matter how I try. I was then disappointed by SONOS technical support. I first tried email but didn’t get a reply for several days. Then I telephoned but, after waiting a long time, the person I spoke to did not understand what I was talking about or the problem I was experiencing. I’ve now resorted to returning them for a refund which I am doing tomorrow. I just hope they will accept the returned mounts without the wall plugs that came with them.

Can the community advise on which wall mounts for Era 100s are the best? I’m thinking of the Sanus Tilt & Swivel Speaker Wall Mounts. Are these the Best Buy? They are sold on the SONOS online shop and are half the price of the droopy own makes.

I’ve always been a fan of Flexson mounts. Not the cheapest out there, but generally well engineered. Although I don’t own a pair of their Era 100 mounts. But I’ve used their floor stands, and PLAY:1 wall mounts to good effect.