ERA 100 speakers outside

• 28 November 2023
  • 7 replies

We just finished a screened-in porch. Is it safe to mount a pair of ERA 100s near the ceiling of the porch? They will never get wet from rain, but they are exposed to temperature and humidity changes? Will they last out there?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7

They are humidity resistant so they should be ok under a screened-in porch. I would consider bringing them inside during extreme temperatures though.

Thank you so much. I appreciate the advice.

Operating temperature

32º to 104º F / (0º to 40º C

Storage temperature

-4º to 158º F / -20º to 70º C

Good to know. I wonder what qualifies a storage versus use. I don't think we're going to be on the deck below 32° or above 104°. Do I need to unplug them? Do I need to cover them? Or just let them sit there?

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Good to know. I wonder what qualifies a storage versus use. I don't think we're going to be on the deck below 32° or above 104°. Do I need to unplug them? Do I need to cover them? Or just let them sit there?

Maybe ask Sonos directly..getting opinions here.

“Storage” is when the units are not “operating”, i.e. not powered.

Cool. Thank you for your help. It doesn't go below freezing much here but if it does I'll unplug them.