Answered

Era 100 not official adapter issue

• 14 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I just received my era 100 and I purchased an adapter on amazon (usb c - jack male)  

I didn’t want to buy the official because it’s a usb c - jack female so I will have to put an other cable jack male - jack male. 

Unfortunately, it doesn’t work 😑

Do you think it’s because it’s not an official cable or the issue come from other thing ? 

thanks ✌️

icon

Best answer by jgatie 14 April 2023, 20:42

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Adapter for audio or ethernet? What are you trying to do? What adapter did you buy?

If you bought a USB C to 3.5mm adapter, that won't work. You need 2.5 mm to USB C....not the same thing. AFAIK, Sonos makes the only one.

Hi melvimbe,

Yes, I bought a usb-c to jack 3,5 mm for a pre-amp which goes to my turntable. 
So you suggest me to buy the official adapter with a jack 3,5mm to jack 3,5mm to connect to my pre-amp ? 
To my pre-amp, I also have a short adapter 3,5mm to 6,35mm

Hi melvimbe,

Yes, I bought a usb-c to jack 3,5 mm for a pre-amp which goes to my turntable. 
So you suggest me to buy the official adapter with a jack 3,5mm to jack 3,5mm to connect to my pre-amp ? 
To my pre-amp, I also have a short adapter 3,5mm to 6,35mm

What you bought converts digital USB-C to analog 3.5 mm (aka a DAC).  What you need converts analog 3.5 mm to digital USB-C (aka an ADC), which only Sonos makes.  

Aahhh ok ! 
It’s clear now for me. 
Thank you jgatie for your response. 

I’ll buy the sonos adapter 👍

🙏