Skip to main content
Answered

Era 100 loosing bluetooth connection after a few days

• 20 May 2023
  • 6 replies

Hi,

I am super happy with my new Era 100 set. Have now paired with a Sub and awesome sound experience!

One concern though: When connecting my PC through bluetooth, after several days, the connection is dropped by sonos and I cannot reconnect.

Rebooting the PC does not help.

Rebooting the ERA100s helps, again for a few days. I consider this a workaround.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Thanks in advance.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello@Rogerrrr, welcome to our Sonos Community!

I’m glad you are enjoying your new Sonos. Thank you for the kind words and feedback.

Please have a look at the following Support Article Pair Sonos Era 100 with Bluetooth.

Era 100 has an Idle Auto-Disconnect setting which will disconnect your Era 100 from a Bluetooth device after 30 minutes of sitting idle.

This setting is off by default, but can be turned on in the Settings tab under System → Era 100 → Bluetooth → Idle Auto-Disconnect.

Make sure you’ve not enabled “Idle Auto-Disconnect".

After your Sonos Era 100 disconnects, what happens when you switch the mode to Wi-Fi from the button at the back of the speaker and then back to Bluetooth mode?

At that point the Sonos Era should automatically reconnect with the previously Bluetooth-paired device. If it doesn’t, I recommend you submit diagnostics and contact our Sonos Support for some live troubleshooting.

I hope this helps.

Hi,

I already read the support article before this community post, but thanks for the link.

Auto disconnect is OFF.

I even had a disconnect from Bluetooth during playback from my PC.

Further tests:

• pressing the reconnect button does not work
  • initiating reconnect from the PC does not work
  • rebooting PC does not work (will reconnect the first few days until this issue occurs)

Best,

Roger

Hi, I’m having the exact same problem and it’s rather annoying. I got the Era speakers to be able to use them with bluetooth or linein, and the linein adapters are out of stock for the next month, so I’m a little disappointed and hope this can be fixed.

Hi, we’re having the same issue - specifically bought the ERA 100s to use with a Google TV + projector, since there is still no Chromecast support.

Same issue as OP, we have tried the same troubleshooting and we’ve only had our speakers for 1 week. 

when we disconnected and reconnected this last time, it stopped working within minutes. 

I’m having a similar issue -- Bluetooth for my Era 100 has stopped showing up as an option in my Sonos App. When I connect through the button at the back, it connects to my device and then instantly disconnects. I’ve restarted the speaker multiple times and it’s not showing. Very frustrating

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello @sydneyguy and everyone else,

I have got my Sonos Era 300 connected via Bluetooth to my PC and it works flawlessly. Makes me wonder if this is related to the Bluetooth transmitter of each PC.

Just for experimentation, can you try connecting your Sonos Era 100 with a different Bluetooth device and see if that works?

Nevertheless, as I mentioned on my first reply, next time this issue with your PC occurs, please submit diagnostics within 10 minutes and contact our Sonos Support for some live troubleshooting. They have tools at their disposal to provide you with advice and information for your Sonos system and what it reports.