Skip to main content
Answered

Era 100 Line-In Not Playing On Other Sonos Speakers?

• 2 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Have my turntable playing on the Era 100 through the line-in. However, I cannot get it to play on my other Sonos One speakers in the house. On the app, it shows I can group the rooms together and it looks like they should all be playing the same music from the turntable. But no sound on the other speakers. I went to one of my other Sonos One speakers, held the play button so it would start playing whatever music was already on (which works all the time when I’m streaming music). But all it did was force the Era 100 to stop playing my turntable and start playing streaming music.

Surely you’re supposed to be able to stream music from a line-in source to other Sonos speakers in your house, right?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Mcneur0 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

You should indeed be able to play the Era 100’s line-in feed to other speakers, with or without the Era 100 playing itself.

I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

I am also having the same problems.. I can stream locally to the ERA 100 and to my move, but when I try to stream from the ERA to Two other pairs of Sonos one, it fails. The app complains that i am using repeaters ( but I dont ) I have everything connected wireless to my AI mesh system ( Lyra from ASUS). Everything works as supposed to, but when using the Line In from the ERA 100 it fails. I have done all the tweaking I got from the tech support regarding the AI Mesh network

(På vänster sida menyn för inställningarna finns.
Du går till Avancerade inställningar > Trådlös > Professionell tab
Där väljer du 2.4ghz bandet och ändrar följande:
Roaming assistant - inaktivera
IGMP Snooping - aktivera
Airtime Fairness - inaktivera för både 2.4GHz and 5GHz
Universal Beamforming - inaktivera för både 2.4GHz and 5GHz
Tryck verkställ

Efter router startar igen går du till Avancerade inställningar > LAN > IPTV tab välj 2.4ghz >  Multicast routing (IGMP Proxy) - aktivera
Tryck verkställ
Efter omstart gå till Avancerade inställningar > Trådlös > Almänt tab > välj control Kanal  1, 6 eller 11, ställ det inte på auto.
Bytt Bandwith till 20mghz.
Tryck verkställ)

i really Belive that there is some kind of bug in the ERA100 ( or in combination with the soundbar + Sonos One) in firmware when using it as a ”Line in” from a turntable,” and distribute the sound to other areas in the house, as everything else works as supposed to. This funktion is really unreliable unforturnatly .