Era 100/Ikea Symf. Lamp

• 4 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7
  • Avid Contributor I
  • 105 replies

Hello all Good People🫶

This is just a shoot in the dark…i have just bought two Ikea Symfonisk Lamps.(Gen 2 red.anm) Been listen to it for a couple of days now. I got it on my bedside-table in my bedroom at grannys place. The other one is in grannys livingroom….anyway.

I feel like the Ikea Symf.Lamp got like Era 100 signature to it in sound. Do they have the same drivers inside perhaps? Anyone been dismantle them? Like doing some surgery… Personally i have not been thinking of doing so not to break warrenty.

Be Well🙏

2 replies

I’m sure there are tear down videos of each unit that will answer your question without resorting to voiding any warranties, even if it belies logic why anyone would care.  My educated guess - They have zero hardware components in common except maybe some of the chipsets used (and even that is 50/50).

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

#jgatie

I think it’s just interesting to know. Like the Ikea Symf.Lamp Gen2 have been availible in the store for some time before the Era-line was announced. The Ikea Symf.Lamp is a bit bigger than the Era 100 and you get a Lamp-part as well. I have not tryed the Ikea Symf.Lamp as surrounds yet,but i’m thinking of order a secound pair in near future. It’s even more exciting to know if they share the same drivers(and amp).

It’s just my ears who question this discovery over the sound-signature for these speakers.

I have not been seaching for “fix my Era 100/Ikea Symf Lamp Gen2” videos and i’m not sure that it exists…i could be wrong. I’m not gonna get my toolbox and find out anyway.