Answered

Era 100 as wired

• 4 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

I have just bought an Era100 and want to use it a the ethernet wired source to set up the “wired” network.  I have had issues with the standard wifi set up so this is a recommended path.

I have done this but none of my other speakers are showing as WM:0.  They are all still showing as WM:1.

Any ideas?

thanks in advance

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 4 January 2024, 20:53

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

The Era 100 and Era 300 do not support SonosNet.

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/choose-between-a-wireless-and-wired-sonos-setup

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Yes, I read that, but then I read this

Ethernet: Use the Sonos Combo Adapter and an Ethernet cable to connect Era 100 directly to your router if you want to hardwire your speaker (helpful if your WiFi is unstable).

Userlevel 7

Yes, I read that, but then I read this

Ethernet: Use the Sonos Combo Adapter and an Ethernet cable to connect Era 100 directly to your router if you want to hardwire your speaker (helpful if your WiFi is unstable).

Yes, the Era 100 can be wired directly to the router, but it won’t create a dedicated network (SonosNet) for the other speakers to connect to.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hmm - If that is true, then I wasted the cost of the adapter!