Answered

Era 100

• 13 August 2023
  • 6 replies

Why is it when you move the era 100 speakers to get a better sound experience its extremely difficult to get the speakers connected back with the Sonos App?  When i go inside my router I can clearly see my speakers connect back to the wifi. 

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 15 August 2023, 06:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Please explain what you mean by “move”. Are you shifting them a few inches, taking them to a different room in your house, or what? Does this involve powering them down? Are these a stereo pair? Surrounds?

moving them from kitchen to the bar area.  does involve powering them down.  they were set up as a stereo pair.  left side connected right side did not.  while following the steps to get the right side connected left side disconnected.  after about a hour of trying moved them back to original places reconnected with no problems.  

Describe your network for us. Are there any mesh points or extenders? We need model numbers.

Netgear nighthawk mesh wifi6 MK62.  Had to change some settings just to get Sonos move and roam to connect to the WiFi.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

What settings?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

A quick fix that may solve the issue, at least it will eliminate it as a possibility.

Set static/reserved IP addresses for your Sonos using the router’s DHCP page.