Skip to main content

Hi,

I just bought two era 300 to add to my Sonos beam gen 2. I decided to pair them as stereo and not as surrounds because i think it profuces a way better and complete sound than in surround. Nevertheless i have a lot of sound decreases and small cuts during movies and video games. Like every 15 seconds, there is a small loss in the sound which is very annoying. The weirdeist thing is that it does not do that when i put music. It’s only during movies and video games. And I’m connected through wifi.

does anyone has an idea what could be the cause?

thanks,

Max

Your network probably just can’t handle sending the TV audio to the Era 300s without dropouts. I would add them as surrounds instead. That’s how the system is designed to be set up for the most reliable and best sounding audio performance. Grouping the Era 300s will also result in an audio delay when playing TV audio.

Thank you for this answer.

i think that using the era 300 as surround is a bit of a shame as they are not fully demivering their potential. The front not being used. It’s even sounding worse that with one speaker and my beam gen2. In this case two era 100 are better no?

Thank you for this answer.

i think that using the era 300 as surround is a bit of a shame as they are not fully demivering their potential. The front not being used. It’s even sounding worse that with one speaker and my beam gen2. In this case two era 100 are better no?

I think the Era 300s sound great as surrounds with my Arc especially when playing Dolby Atmos audio. But if you don’t like the way they sound, you should definitely consider switching to the Era 100s or even the Fives.