Dropping out

• 12 December 2020
  • 2 replies

I have 3 off Play 1 speakers and 2off Play 3 speakers, the Play 3 are linked as a pair, they are in the same room as my router.

Why do the play 3 speakers drop out? very frustrating!!

The play one’s, are all in different rooms and work perfectly.

Trying to contact SONOS is a proper pain!

ARE THEY INTERESTED? DO THEY CARE?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I’d start with a simple WiFi refresh, by unplugging all Sonos devices from power, then rebooting the router. Once the router comes back up, plug back in the Sonos devices. I’d also double check the wifi interference FAQ. 

If neither of those solutions work, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it, or post the diagnostic number here for a Community Moderator to pick up.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis. 

Hi,

Thanks I will try those options.

Jim