Skip to main content
Question

dropped sonos products: second network

• 21 July 2024
  • 9 replies

Hi, can anyone help please.

i had major issues with the new Sonos app and therefore had to spend hours on the phone with Sonos help to reload all the products on my home.

it was working for a couple of weeks and now it seems that half of the products have disappeared and joined a separate network in my home on the same Meshed WiFi network and no longer visible on the app.

i have managed to join the “other network” on the app and they have reappeared but now the others have been lost.

Confused about how to fix this other than factory reset and start all over again which I am hesitant of….

Any advice?

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

@Corry P 

Is this similar to the issue you were looking into last week…?

No.

this is a new problem

Describe your network for us. Include model numbers. Your profile shows a SONOS BOOST. Are you still using this? Is it wired to your network? Your symptoms could be caused by improper WiFi setup.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

No.

this is a new problem

(I wasn’t directing my question at you.)

Thanks.

No Sonos Boost connected.

All products were added to the Home Meshed Network via the Master Node (Linksys Velop)

If I reset the App, it suggests I have two Networks to choose from: Sonos  System 1 and Sonos System 2 now.

Each has about half the products on which it didn’t a few days ago. They weee all visible as one network.

Moderator edit: removed pics with serial numbers or Sonos ID

Really want them all just on one Network!

I suspect that you factory reset some of the units, then set them up as a “new system”. Now you have two systems. I don’t know if you have added any music services or SONOS Playlists to either system.

I suggest that you decide which system has the most complete list of services and Playlists. We’ll call this system ‘A’. Now, Factory Reset one (only one at this point) unit from system ‘B’, then add this unit to system ‘A’. Take care not to setup a new system.

If I am correct, this unit will now be part of system “A” and system “A” will operate as expected. If you are satisfied with system “A”, transfer the remaining units from system “B” using the same technique. Note that music service registrations and SONOS playlists unique to system “B” will be lost. In your case I don’t think that this will matter, but I’m warning you anyway.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Really want them all just on one Network!

Just wait to allow @Corry P to respond, per my question to him earlier, as he was looking into a similar issue last week with a doubling up of a system. If it’s not the same thing then he might still be able to advise but don’t factory reset just yet.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @LDM75 

Welcome back to the Sonos Community!

Well, you can thank @Rhonny - he has saved you quite a bit of work! I will too - thanks @Rhonny!

Please do not factory reset any of your products!

Instead, please reboot some speakers. This is where it gets a little weird - it would be a breach of GDPR for me to say which rooms should be rebooted, here in a public place, so I’m going to have to send you a private message detailing which speakers to reboot - please keep an eye out for it.

I hope this helps - if not, please let me know.