Skip to main content

Dead Sonos One

• 7 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Recently one of my Sonos One speakers went dead. Simply won’t power on. Product is about 4 years old. Seems like a rather common problem. And as others have experienced the resolution is a 30% discount on a new product. And I was basically told it’s not worth fixing…likely will cost almost as much as a discounted new product.  I’ve generally been happy with Sonos but this was definitely a bump in the road. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Recently one of my Sonos One speakers went dead. Simply won’t power on. Product is about 4 years old. Seems like a rather common problem. And as others have experienced the resolution is a 30% discount on a new product. And I was basically told it’s not worth fixing…likely will cost almost as much as a discounted new product.  I’ve generally been happy with Sonos but this was definitely a bump in the road. 

There have been occasional posts here about failed speakers, but there are many, many more speakers running for years without problem. It’s always unfortunate when one fails, of course. But if you sat outside a hospital, how many sick people would you hear about?