Answered

Constant audio dropouts

• 6 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2

I'm having constant dropouts when playing music from Spotify or the Sonos app. It happens approximately once every 5 minutes, the music continues playing but the audio is cut for 10-15 sec. Tried everything but nothing can fix it.

I have 2 Play: 5 gen 1 (one wireless and one wired) and 1 IKEA/Sonos Symfonisk (wired) connected to a TP-LINK Deco X60 mesh system.

Diagnostics sent: ************

Moderator edit: removed & recorded diagnostic number

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 6 April 2024, 18:27

View original

4 replies

Since this is a community board, and not a direct communication with Sonos support, you should now call Sonos Support directly to discuss your diagnostic. Those of us in this community do not have access to that data, only Sonos employees do. 

In the mean time, I’d recommend reading the wifi interference FAQ, and setting up reserved IP addresses in your router for all Sonos devices, both are potential fixes for these drops your system is experiencing. 

Userlevel 2

Thanks Airgetlam

I posted in this community board since that is what you recommended in a previous post:

Finally, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it, or post the diagnostic number here for a Community Moderator to pick up.

Do you think that I can call Sonos support and expect them to help me with a Sonos system that includes speakers that are 10+ years old?

Yes. 

The moderators who respond here tend to (but not always) respond Monday through Friday, so it may be a while before they see (if they do) your diagnostic. 

A ten year old system shouldn’t stop them. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I’ve gotten very good support for stuff far older than ten years.