Skip to main content

Connectivity problems

• 13 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi - I have intermittent connectivity problems with my Sonos setup. My friends are starting to tell me Sonos is trash 😢 I grabbed a diagnosis yesterday when it happened. Can someone please look it and see if there is any info in there to assist?  I have it on SonosNet and use an Orbi Mesh wireless setup. 

thank you

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @TGladski, welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’ve had a look into your diagnostic and can see a few issues, most of them relating to Wi-Fi/Network Connectivity issues.

I can see that your Play:3 is set as the group coordinator (GC). The GC is the room that all other players are grouped to, acting as the controller or the room that tells the other group members what do to. All of your speakers that can be wired are wired, so it shouldn’t matter what speaker you use, but I’d recommend testing using a different speaker as the GC. You can change the GC by ungrouping all speakers, swapping to another room on the now playing screen, then grouping from that room.

You system is also picking up on Wireless Interference and Non-WiFi interference, so I’d recommend checking out our guide on reducing wireless interference and moving the speakers or sources of interference away. We recommend a distance of 0.5m - 1m away.

I’d also suggest disabling auto-channel on your router and setting the router to either 1, 6, or 11, then changing your Sonos systems wireless channel. For example, the router on channel 1 and SonosNet on channel 6. Try SonosNet on all 3 channels to see what gives you the best performance, as that will be the least congested channel.

I can also see that your system is reporting a high ping time to the cloud. In this case, after you’ve followed the steps above, a full system reboot should help bring the high ping down. You should reboot your router → any other networking equipment → Sonos speakers → controllers running the Sonos app, in that order by powering them off for at least 1 minute.

If you’re still having issues, then I’d suggest you reach out to our support team for further assistance. They have the tools available to troubleshoot this issue with you.

I hope this helps!