Answered

connectivity/ network

• 10 December 2023
  • 3 replies

My play 5 is on the network in my house while my play one speakers ended up on the other network with  google.  How can I get the play one speakers on the same network?   I have tried a factory rest. 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 11 December 2023, 02:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Confusing post. You have two networks? Please be more specific about what network hardware you have, it’s configuration, and how your Sonos devices connect to it.

As a guess, instead, the OP set up two Sonos systems, not two WiFi networks. If this is indeed the case, they would need to factory reset one of the two systems, and then use the ‘add a device’ function after connecting to the existing / remaining system.do not use the ‘Create a new System’. 

I do agree, the post is very confusing. And I could be wrong ;)

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

If they are on two WiFi networks make sure the SSID is different for each.

Power down the WiFi you don’t want to connect to.

Wire one of the speakers to the WiFi you do want to connect to and see if it shows up in the controller, if so unwire it and wire the other.

If any are wired make sure they are wired to the device broadcasting the WiFi you want to use.