Answered

Connection to new router

• 5 April 2024
  • 8 replies

Hi,

I recently changed my wifi service from Shaw to Telus ( Vancouver BC) and after that I am unable to log in though the wifi is being detected by SONOS and after putting the password the system just does not connect. I have bought the same from IKEA - SYMFONISK speakers . and how do you a hard reset on this speaker?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 5 April 2024, 23:48

View original

8 replies

Here are two FAQs that might be useful:

the new router - installation instructions FAQ

and

the factory reset FAQ

I don’t recommend Factory Reset without further consult.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Aside from the other problems, remember the Factory Reset wipes out EVERYTHING.

You will be back to the new, out of the box configuration and will have to set up everything Sonos from zero.

I have tried everything but just does not connect to the wifi ..what should I do next ? 

• reset factory settings 
  • deleted and reinstalled my app 
  • tried the S2 app 

and to note is that just before changing from Shaw to Telus it was working perfectly . It is just not connecting to the network. 

Connect one of your Sonos devices to your new router with an Ethernet cable. Do not do any further factory resets, but follow the normal procedures as if the devices had come out of the box. 

In doing a factory reset, you’ve erased everything that had been previously set up. 

Thanks everyone for your inputs …I will try and get an Ethernet cable and connect and see .. what else could be the problem it is just not connecting .. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Lots of possibilities, wrong router WiFi mode or security settings are possibilities.

Still an Ethernet cable is the simple solution to getting that initial connection.

Under $10  https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Basics-Ethernet-High-Speed-Snagless/dp/B089MGH8W3/ref=sr_1_1_ffob_sspa

Thanks Stanley .. out to get the cable now